March 12th, 2007
|10:33 am - Genau|
Just a random note...
My companion is taking an absurdly long time so I have nothing to do.
I'm loving the mission. It's great. I'm now half done. Well, my half way day is in 2 days, but close enough. Hard to believe! I'll be back New Years 2008.
Don´t forget to write your favorite missionary! The address never changes:
Sister Shannon Brower
Germany Berlin Mission
Zerbster Strasse 42
I'm currently in a city called Erfurt living it up. We live right on city center. Literally. Its quite convient. I love the work. I love the language. I love getting mail!
Keep it real.
October 23rd, 2006
Hallo meine freunde.
Ich bin heir in Deutschland jetzt. Alles gute. Senden Sie mich Post! Ich habe post gern, aber ich habe kein bekommen. Naja, was auch immer. Die Kirche ist wahr, and missionsarbeit ist am besten. Ich hoffe, dass alles in ordnung ist bei Ihnen. Machen Sie es gut!
June 11th, 2006
1. I'm out, off to serve my Heavenly Father. Want to write me? Check out either my xanga, facebook, or myspace. They all have my address. Don't have access to any of the above? Bum deal.
2. but seriously, write me.
3. I'll see y'all in 18 months. Until then... write me :)
June 9th, 2006
1. Went to Nauvoo again yesterday. Always a blast. This time I also made the trek down to Carthage for the first time in my young life. I figured it was something I needed to experience before my mission. It's something everyone should experience. What an amazing place and such a sweet spirit that attends it.
2. It still hasn't fully hit me ... but I leave in four days.
3. Even more odd, I get set apart in three days.
4. I have, however, got myself nearly fully packed. I have not found a ride to the airport, or a place to stay once I get to SLC or a ride down to Provo or to the MTC. AKA ... I'm rather screwed. I let someone in my ward take care of it for me, but I fear she's going to let me down. Everyone should pray she pulls through.
5. I went to ear at The Olive Garden today for the first time ever, and I can honestly say I have no future intentions of ever going there again. The food was disgusting. I can still taste it hours late. UGH UGH UGH
6. Papa Johns is on it's way to my house with some delicious pizza. I love Papa Johns, they are far superior to any pizza chain in the world. It will be my last Papa Johns experience for 18 months so I'm going to savor the moment. Fo sho.
8. I think I've gained a pound or two since I came home. I don't want to weigh myself. I'd like to think it's in muscle rather than fat ... but yea right. Oh well, I'll have 18 months to walk it off.
June 3rd, 2006
1. My farewell/grad party was yesterday. It was a beautiful day so that was nice. The turn out was pretty good. The missionaries showed up and that pissed off a few people; but to my defense I didn't invite them - and I definitely didn't ask them to convert the whole party.
2. I finally figured out the topic for my farewell talk. Want to know what it is? Come listen to be speak. Mwa ha ha ha ha.
3. Oh my heavens, it's *so* close to the day I leave, but yet so far away. I'm very excited about leaving, but it's still hard to fathom that I'm almost a missionary. I'm almost in the MTC, I'm very close to the day I won't be speaking english again. Now thats a scary thought considering my German knowledge is moot.
4. Oh well, an 8-year-old taught me some basic German the other day. I have found that everyone seems to know more German than me somehow. Are they teaching it in the elementary schools these days? Every kid I've met has started talking to me in German. It's bizarre.
5. The church is true!
Current Location: My bedroom
Current Mood: anxious
Current Music: Brace Me Up - Saturdays Warrior Soundtrack
June 1st, 2006
1. I went to Nauvoo today. It was ... interesting.
2. Farewell party tomorrow.
May 30th, 2006
1. I have everything I need for my mission now that I can actually get. Yay.
2. Only 2 weeks until I report. Yay.
3. I have a car to drive around in for the next two weeks. Yay.
4. My grad/farewell party is this Friday. Yay.
5. President Hinckley is coming to Iowa. Ah! The prophet 30 min from my house! YAY!
6. I will give my non-farewell talk in church on June 11. If you are in the CR area you should come. It will be an awesome talk about being a Child of God and what that means (I think). Thats my working theme so far. I could change it.
8. Life is great! Yay!
Current Location: My bedroom
Current Mood: yay!
May 22nd, 2006
1. My mission president wrote me! It made me happy, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get a letter.
2. Regrettably, the mission president told me in his letter that I need to bring almost $500 cash with me to Germany. That is something I straight up don't have. Bllaaahhhhh
3. I got $100 in the mail today though! That was a nice surprise if I do say so myself. Hillcrest gave me back my deposit, which in a way surprised me to no end.
4. I just realized that my school owes me $500, so I'm set in the $500 department. I won't get it until after I'm gone but I can have someone put it in my account for me and withdraw it at the MTC. Nevermind about my money issues.
5. I gave my friends a condom machine for their wedding gift. I hope they love and appreciate it.
6. I've spent the last 3 hours cleaning my room. It's almost done! I need to move all my college stuff into my room (none of which I have unpacked since being here). I need the suitcases to start packing my crap.
8. je voudrais acheter des preservatifs. haha. that translates to 'i want to buy condoms." that in and of itself isnt funny, whats funny is i found that in my brothers 'french survivnal guide' book his french teacher gave him when he went to france. what are they teaching children these days.
May 18th, 2006
1. I've been doing a lot of shopping for my mission. The only things I really need now are long sleeved button-down tops and like 1 sweater. I'm pretty much set, and that is a nice thing to know. Of course, I'll probably think of about 1000 other things, but I have the stuff on the mission list.
2. I just thought of something else, except I don't think they exist. A cassette player without a radio. Oh, and I need a 35mm camera with a zoom, but I want it cheap. Wow, nevermind about only need a couple shirts.
3. There is a baptism at the church tomorrow. I'm stoked to be going, I haven't been to a baptism in a long while.
4. Oh, I thought of something else I need for my mission. Clothes hangers. But I saw these cool ones at Wal-Mart I think that collapse. Those would be perfect for storing in my luggage and such. I need to check into those.
5. I went and ordered my brothers and my graduation cakes. His is pretty awesome. It says:
sin^(-1)x+ cos^(-1)x = the correlation coefficient that you'll do well in college.
I thought of it myself. That explains a lot.
6. I've debated with myself a lot as to whether or not the follow equation makes sense, but I've talked myself into it. A correlation coefficient needs 2 variables and there appears to be only one (doing well in college) but I figure if someone debates the validity of the equation I can always say the second variable is my brothers ability to be himself. It works in a weird twisted way.
8. I smell the distinctive smell of blood. I think it's my dog. He he doggy OCD so he eats his fur off and tries to eat off his skin. He looks scary because we had to quit giving him his meds because it made him vomit all over the place. There is no winning solution to his issue, so for now we're letting him lick himself.
9. Oh, come to my grad party! June 2, 6-9PM. (http://www.geocities.com/smab1012/AdamGrad.html)
Yes, I used the homepage editor, and did a bad job at that. I would've done the code myself but I don't have hours to blow on a crap website. :(
May 14th, 2006
1. Everyone else has a ticker! I want one!
There! Now I have one. ownage.